Effective Date: November 15, 2019
- What types of information do we collect through our Platforms?
When you access or use any of our Platforms or the Service, we may collect personally identifiable information as well as non-personally identifiable information associated with you, including without limitation the following:
- Registration Information. When you register to use the Service, you will be asked to establish a login ID and password, and to provide us with certain personal information, including, but not limited to, your first and last names and email address. You may also be asked to provide similar information to us from time to time as you use the Service and/or access any of our Platforms.
- Usage and Demographics Information. When you use the Service or otherwise access any of our Platforms, we may record certain usage information, such as details about your computer or mobile phone, the name of your Internet Offerings Provider (ISP), your IP address, the website from which you visit our Platforms, the pages on our Platforms that you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit and other statistical information about your visit to our Platforms. We may also collect aggregated demographic information regarding users of the Service and/or our Platforms (e.g., age, gender, and income information).
- Information We Collect Via Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies. When you use the Service or otherwise access any of our Platforms, we may send “cookies”, “web beacons”, and similar technologies to your computer or device, and otherwise employ such technologies, in connection with operating the Service and our Platforms. These technologies can identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as well as product preferences, tell us which webpages you have visited, and in what order, and identify your computer or device. On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal personally identifiable information; however, if you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information about you, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons.
- Information Collected By Third-Party Integrated Technologies. As with many operators of websites and mobile applications, we may incorporate third-party ads, offerings, and technologies (such as plugins, pixels, and cookies) into our Platforms enabling certain third parties to collect information about you and your activities across other websites and applications through your use of the Service and/or our Platforms. Any information collected through such integrated ads, offerings, or technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use by such third parties and other authorized parties, subject to the privacy policies of such other parties.
- How do we use information about you collected through our Platforms?
We may use information collected about you through our Platforms for a variety of commercial purposes, including without limitation the following:
- to provide the Service and our Platforms to you, and to carry out our other business purposes (including to send and receive emails and calendar events with us and to administer your account with us);
- to respond to inquiries that you may have about the Service or any of our Platforms, or about our company;
- to improve the Service and our Platforms;
- to inform you of changes made to the Service or any of our Platforms;
- to market our products and services to you, and to inform you of certain products or services of third parties which may be of interest to you;
- to organize or carry out promotional activities or other promotional events;
- to maintain a customer profile for you;
- to understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services; and
- to conduct other marketing and commercial activities.
We may also use information about you that we collect through any of our Platforms for security, administrative, and legal purposes.
- How long do we maintain information about you collected through our Platforms?
We will retain information about you collected through any of our Platforms for at least as long as it serves the purposes for which it was initially collected or subsequently authorized, and we may keep such information indefinitely.
- To whom do we disclose information about you collected through our Platforms?
We may disclose to third parties information collected about you either (i) when we have your permission, or (ii) in any of the following situations without your permission:
- We may disclose information collected about you to third-party service providers or other partners who perform services on our behalf in connection with the Service or any of our Platforms, including without limitation in connection with our service provider or partner completing or confirming a transaction that you conduct with us. When we transfer personally identifiable information about you to such a service provider or partner, that entity will be required to use such information only to carry out those services that we have requested and to provide adequate protection for such information.
- We may also share information collected about you with our auditors, attorneys, and similar advisors in connection with our receiving their professional services, subject to standard confidentiality obligations.
- We may disclose the results of aggregate information or blind data about users of the Service or any of our Platforms to third parties. In such circumstances, we do not disclose to these entities any personally identifiable information about users of the Service or any of our Platforms.
- As noted above, information about you collected via third-party ads, offerings, and technologies integrated with any of our Platforms will be disclosed to the third parties providing or operating such ads, offerings, or technologies.
- We may disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with the Service or any of our Platforms, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. We reserve the right to release such information to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- Do our Platforms support “Do Not Track” signals?
At this time, our websites do not support “Do Not Track” preferences that may be available in your browser. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
- What are your California Privacy Rights? Do we share information about you with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes?
Please note that we may share information collected about you with our affiliates, as well as with unaffiliated third parties, for their direct marketing purposes.
Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that we have shared with third parties for these purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What security measures do we employ for information about you collected through our Platforms?
We have implemented and follow reasonable industry standard technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information about you collected through our Platforms. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT FULLY ELIMINATE THESE RISKS AS, DESPITE OUR BEST INTENTIONS, NO TECHNOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SECURE. OUR PLATFORMS ARE OPERATED ON SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND NETWORKS, ANY COMPONENT OF WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, EXPERIENCE BREACHES OF SECURITY OR OTHER ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Accordingly we cannot guarantee that any information about you collected through any of our Platforms, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk.
You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share your user name or password with others.
- What are the policies of linked websites and other third parties?
In addition, as noted above, when you are using our Platforms you may be interfacing with third-party integrated services, such as third parties presenting or serving advertisements, third parties providing us with data collection, reporting and ad response measurement, and third parties assisting us with the delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. We prohibit those third parties from collecting any information through our Platforms other than aggregate information and blind data about our users. In any event, please note that Permaweb is not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
- How can you correct, update or make choices about the personally identifiable information collected through our Platforms and that we are storing?
You can update, change or delete any personally identifiable information we have collected about you through our Platforms at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You can choose not to receive promotional communications from us by following the instructions in any communications you receive from us. Please note that this will not stop us from sending emails to you about your account or your transactions with us.
- What is our policy on the use of our Platforms by children?
You must be 18 years or older to register to use the Service. Further, our Platforms are not designed or intended to be attractive to use by children under 13 years old, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years old. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR PLATFORMS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If you learn that your child under 13 years old has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We will delete that data from our systems.